Introduced as Woodcraft's "New and Improved Version 3 WoodRiver Bench Planes" they are still based on the old Stanley Bedrock design and feature heavy, stress –relieved ductile iron castings, fully machined adjustable frogs and A-2 blades. They've changed the shape of the rear tote and increased the diameter of the blade adjustment wheel to make advancing the blade a bit easier. They also improved the lateral adjustment lever and added a traditional style bearing for better control of the blade.
They’ve made changes to the castings that result in better “feedback” and a solid feel to the user, and they’ve continued to make improvements in machining, finish and functionality which have yielded hand planes that are meant to be used and offer an extraordinary value.
- Modeled after the Bedrocks, Stanley Tool's very best line
- WoodRiver planes feature heavy castings and fully machined frogs
- This arrangement reduces chatter by supporting the blade and helps to reduce tear-out when planing highly figured wood
- They feature a Stainless Steel Lever Cap
- Lightly finished Bubinga handles provide comfort and control
- Soles and sides are machined flat and square within tightly held tolerances
- Tools require minimal no tune-up prior to use
- Light touch up on the high-carbon Rc60-64 blades will enable you to go right to work